Sledge hockey, developed in Sweden by two men in the 1960's who wanted to still
play hockey despite their physical disabilities, has been part of the Canadian sports
scene for 30 years. An adapted version of regular ice hockey, it has helped meet the
challenged children, teens and adults.
Sledge hockey players sit on a light-weight sledge that has skate blades attached to
the bottom. They carry two short hockey sticks. One end has a blade for handling
and shooting the puck. Metal picks attached to the other end enable players to push
themselves across the ice. Other than this special equipment, regular hockey gear
and rules apply.
- The Intermediate team placed first overall in Oakville on Saturday April 4th!!
- Congratulations to Kevin Sorley for being placed on the roster for Team
- 2013 K-W Sidewinders tournament will be held in Stratford on May 4th. It
was a great sucess and everyone had fun and we had many people try out
- Mississauga Crusier's Cup Results (2012)
- Development Team won Gold
- Intermediate Team won Bronze
- The Development team (Juniors) have finished first overall in their Division
and then won gold in Paris, ON. Congratulations Team!!!!
- The intermediate team had the opportunity to play the Russian National
team Jan 23 2012, the final score was Russia won 8 - 0. But it was a lot of
Copyright © 2016 KW Sidewinders Sledge Hockey Club. All Rights Reserved.
Website designed by Jason Ryan & Alice R.
Last updated Jan 26, 2016
Click on the link below for the 2015/16 Registration Form
|Kitchener - Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
The Banner that will hang at RIM Park Arena with the Champion Development
2013 Team Pictures